In this publication, we bring you tips to enjoy some ski holiday unforgettable.
With the arrival of winter and snow, some destinations are filled with tourists who love snow sports, such as snowboarding or skiing. And there is nothing better than being able to enjoy the adrenaline that descends a snowy mountain on skis. Next, we will talk about the best ski resorts in Europe.
The best ski resorts
1. Andorra: we chose the neighboring country because of the proximity and the ease of getting there. Andorra offers visitors more than 300 km of ski slopes. Andorra has the largest ski resort in the Pyrenees, Grandvalira, 210 km and with more than 138 slopes. They are followed in importance by Vallnord-Pal Arinsal, with 63 km of slopes, Ordino Arcalís, with 30.5 km of slopes and Naturlandia, with more than 15 km of slopes.
2. The Alps: The highest summit in the Alps is Mont Blanc, at 4,810 meters of altitude. Many skiers consider the Alps to be a ski paradise. The most important station is Les Très Vallées, with more than 600 km of slopes, among which Val Thorens stands out, which is over 2,000 meters above sea level and is the highest in Europe. Then comes Tignes, with more than 300 km of slopes and a maximum height of 3,465 meters. Thirdly, we highlight Les 2 Alpes, with 220 km of slopes.
3. Nordic countries: The Scandinavian countries are also a winter sports paradise. Hemsedal has 130 km of slopes and is one of the best ski destinations in the Scandinavian Alps. In Sweden, the Åre track stands out, which is located near Stockholm and has 111 tracks. Finally, in Finland you can go to the Ylläs station, with 55 km of slopes and a drop of 518 km.
What do you need to ski?
Before you go skiing, you must know some essential items that you have to take with you. You need to be protected against the cold, with the appropriate clothing, and against possible accidents, wearing a helmet and glasses.
– Ski jacket and pants: You have to choose comfortable clothes that contribute to the flexibility and movements of the legs and arms when skiing. Ski clothing must be breathable and waterproof.
– Thermal clothing: an essential to survive the cold of the mountain. In addition to protecting you from the cold, they help you stay dry.
– Helmet: it is recommended that you wear a helmet to ensure your safety. If you have an accident or fall and hit your head, you will not suffer major damage.
– Glasses: The snow reflects the sun's rays, so it is necessary to wear suitable glasses to avoid glare or injury to the eyes.
– Hat and gloves: very necessary to protect your head and hands.
– Boots: Look for a comfortable option that keeps your feet warm and insulated from snow.
– Skis: You must take into consideration the type of ski you are going to practice, your level of practice, size and physical constitution.
Top 10 Skiing Destinations in Europe (September 2021)
- getaways, skiing, ski resorts