It may not be one of the most visited cities in Argentina, but Merlo, in the province of saint Louis, it has a lot of charm. It is a town in the department of Junín with a population of about 20,000 inhabitants, although when the good weather arrives the number of people in Merlo skyrockets.
The Adventure trip It is his main claim. But there is more, since it offers alternatives for all audiences:
- The Mogote Bayo Provincial Natural Reserve
- Paragliding flights
- Paraje de Pasos Malos, very popular to enjoy picnics
- Piedrablanca, a picturesque town worth visiting
- The Algarrobo Abuelo, a 1,200-year-old specimen that measures more than 9 meters and has very thick branches, some of which already touch the ground
- The Sierras de los Comechingones, ideal for rappelling, trekking, canyoning, zip-lining, waterfalls and 4 × 4 crossings
In addition to that, the festivities The streets of Merlo dress with color and joy. The Rose Festival and the National Festival of the Valle del Sol they are some of the most popular. In them you can mix with its people and feel like one more.
The weather it is rather dry, with an average temperature of around 20 degrees centigrade. In summer it ranges from 18 to 33 degrees, while in winter it ranges from 4 to 17 degrees. Its microclimate is characterized by the scarcity of wind.
If you want to know Merlo in depth, I recommend you take a look at the rentals in San Luis, as you will find affordable alternatives so that they will make your stay as comfortable as possible.
ImTheVoice Around The World - Merlo, San Luis (2011) (June 2020)