Almuñécar is a municipality in the province of Pomegranate It has about 30,000 inhabitants and is on the coast, on the shores of the Mediterranean. It limits with other Granada municipalities such as Jete, Otívar, Ítrabo and Salobreña, in addition to Malaga from Nerja. It is a perfect place to go on vacation in summer since it has a very good climate and also 15 beaches from which to choose, almost all of them with many services and with very interesting things to offer their visitors.
To choose the best beaches in Almuñecar It is a little difficult since they are all fantastic, but it could be said that the ones that I detail below are the most successful:
– Herradura Beach: It has a length of just over 2 kilometers and its width is 40 meters. It is an urban and family beach that has a high occupancy thanks to its great location. It has a promenade, the sand is dark and the water is very calm. Among the services that you can find in it are access for the disabled, bus stop, parking, showers, litter bins, hammocks and umbrellas and various sports activities. There is an area where diving is done.
– Los Berengueles beach: It is tiny, only 250 meters long, and 40 wide. It is next to the Marina del Este Port and is beautiful since it has a lot of vegetation around it. It is semi-urban and its occupation is usually high. The waters are calm and the sand is dark, and it has services such as parking, walkways, hammocks, umbrellas and rental of various nautical equipment.
– Cantarrijan cove: it is almost 400 meters long and 40 wide. It belongs to a Protected Natural Area. It is ideal if you are looking for tranquility since it is an isolated beach, and nudism is allowed in it. The waters are calm and the sand dark, and there are services such as WC, parking, umbrellas, hammocks or telephones.
– Cotobro beach: It measures just over 300 meters and is only 17 wide, although despite that its occupancy is high. It is urban and the waters are calm, with dark sand. There are various services such as bus stop, WC, parking, showers or telephones.
– San Cristóbal beach: Also called China Beach, it is one kilometer long and about 50 meters wide. Among the services available include access for the disabled, bus stop, WC, parking, showers, walkways, hammocks, umbrellas or rental of nautical equipment.
Spanien - Almunecar 2019 / 2020 Itrabo, Loma de Gato und La Herradura (July 2021)
- Almuñecar, Granada, beaches