This Friday the Olympic Games begin and London It is already beginning to fill up not only with athletes from all countries but also with tourists from anywhere in the world who want to take advantage of this event to cheer their loved ones and while away spend a few days in the British capital. If you are one of the people who are going to go, you will probably already have the trip organized so I would like to help you with the food issue.
The gastronomy of London is not that it is a big thing, I lived there almost a year and it is not that it is anything from the other world, but to be only a few days the truth is that it is great since you can find very interesting things. Take note of the highlights of the London gastronomy:
- What is most used are basic products such as fish, meat, potatoes, eggs and butter.
- It is a gastronomy that is characterized by being a mixture of several of the kitchens of the world, so you can find very original dishes with a delicious mix of flavors.
– Typical dishes: It has many among which stand out the meat and vegetable empanada, yorkshire pudding (accompanies any meat), lamb in mint sauce, roast beef (meat and roast potatoes) and fish and chips (fried fish with fried potatoes). All dishes are usually accompanied by butter or cheese toast.
– Desserts: There are many and for all tastes, so you will definitely find a few that will make you fall in love. The famous brownie is the best known in the world but it also has other very good ones such as pancakes, custard, raisin and currant pudding or pudding.
– Drinks: Beer is the best known local drink and you can find it with different flavors, colors, textures and brands. Bitter is the best known (bubble-free and dark in color).
– Gastronomic customs: the schedules of the different meals have nothing to do with those we have in Spain, especially dinner since it is usually at 6-7 in the afternoon. Breakfast is great since there are many people who eat breakfast and dinner but do not eat lunch, so breakfast usually has bacon, eggs, sausages, tomatoes, sausages and much more. Of course, you can not miss the tea at 5, always accompanied by some pastries and that you can enjoy in many corners of the city.
32 Places You Need To Eat At In London | The Ultimate List (March 2020)
- gastronomy, london