There is no doubt that the gastronomy It is a very important aspect to take into account since it will serve to enjoy even more any city or country that we are going to visit. The best thing when visiting a city that is not yours is to taste the typical dishes, thus being able to taste a great variety of mixtures from different cultures anywhere in the world.
Today I would like to talk about the Swedish gastronomy and how is the food in that country, which although it is not one of its main strengths, the truth is that it has many interesting points. Swedes are characterized by elegance at mealtime, not only for the elaborate dishes but also for the decoration of the table, where you can find chandeliers, flowers, silver cutlery, luxury tableware and high-quality glassware. Take note of some important details that you should keep in mind to eat in sweden:
- They tend to listen to several legends when it comes to food. For example, the one that is most closely followed is eating dry pea soup with bacon Thursdays, something that is done because King Henry XIV died on a Thursday eating the same thing, but in his case poisoned.
- Swedish cuisine is very varied in terms of the food it uses, highlighting fish and meat in many dishes. Fish always goes seasoned with spices, pickled and sauces. Many dishes can be somewhat bittersweet and have a different taste, but the truth is that almost all of them are delicious.
- It is curious that they use the sugar to flavor many dishes, getting really interesting contrasts. The most typical dish, the salty duckIt also has sugar and various ingredients that perfectly combine sweet with salty.
- Some of the most typical dishes are the smoked meat, sausages, smoked reindeer or dried fish accompanied by sweet bread. Fresh foods are part of many typical recipes, such as sole, chicken or partridges.
- You can't miss a few Swedish sweets, such as soufflé (cream or chocolate), meringues, ice cream or wafers. The fruit is usually consumed in compotes and it is very rare that you see someone eating it naturally.
- As for drinks, alcoholics are only served in restaurants that have a special permit for it, although always with time limitations. The best local drink is beer, which makes German competition very good. The brandy and the swedish coffee (very aromatic) are other of the most consumed.
Swedish Food & What You Should Eat in Sweden (April 2021)