The natural environments They are a gem that we could be admiring for hours and never tire of, since at every glance we would discover something impressive. Something that helps much to make a natural environment much more beautiful is undoubtedly a river, which with its channel helps to complete a landscape without equal.
Today I would like to tell you about the longest rivers in the world, all of them in incomparable natural places and that you should visit at least once in your life. Many times there have been doubts about the real measurements of rivers, how they are measured and, mainly, which is the longest river in the world (the Nile or the Amazon). A river is measured from its source to its mouth, although sometimes there are doubts about where everything is. Here I leave you the longest rivers in the world:
– Amazon: It is in South America and measures 6,800 meters. It passes through countries like Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Peru, Venezuela and Brazil, the latter being where the most famous part is.
– Nile: It is in Africa and measures 6,650 meters. It passes through countries such as Uganda, Burundi, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Congo, Rwanda, Tanzania and Sudan.
– Yangtze: It is in Asia and measures 6,300 meters. It can only be seen in China and flows into the East China Sea.
– Mississippi: It is in North America and measures 6,275 meters. It flows into the Gulf of Mexico and passes through Canada and several of the United States.
– Yenisei: It measures 5,539 meters and is in Asia and Europe, passing through countries like Mongolia and Russia. It flows into the Kara Sea.
– Huang He: Also called "Yellow River", it is in Asia and measures 5,464 meters. It passes through China and flows into the Bohai Sea.
– Obi: It is also Asian and has a length of 5,410 meters. It flows into the Gulf of Obi and passes through countries such as China, Kazakhstan and Russia.
– Mekong: Another Asian on the list, in this case 4,880 meters long. It passes through Laos, China, Cambodia, Burma, Vietnam and Thailand, leading to the East China Sea.
– Congo: African 4,700 meters long. It passes through the Congo, the Comoros, Rwanda, Cameroon, Burundi, Angola, Tanzania and Zambia, ending in the Atlantic Ocean.
– Amur: Another Asian with 4,444 meters closes the list. It flows into the Okhotsk Sea and passes through China, Mongolia and Russia.
What's the Longest River on Earth? (May 2021)