There is no doubt that the Caribbean It is the preferred destination of anyone who seeks sun and beach to enjoy it in the midst of spectacular landscapes worthy of being called paradises. Very famous for this type of tourism, more and more surf-loving visitors who seek on its beaches to practice this sport in front of spectacular views also win.
Although not many people know it, the Caribbean is one of the best places in the world to Practice surfAnd it is that with the perfect combination of beaches, perfect climate, crystal clear waters and white sand, you only need a couple of waves and you will feel like surfing paradise. Many of the countries that make up the Caribbean have hosted countless surfing championships, so you will undoubtedly be in the ideal place to practice it. Take note of the best destinations for surf in the Caribbean:
– Cayman Islands: The winter season is the best to go surfing since not only is it not noticeable that it is winter but at that time the waves grow a lot and are perfect to catch the board and throw yourself into the sea. The best thing is that you go to the southernmost part of the island since there the waves are more followed and also a good size for surfing. In the rest of the island they are much larger but they are not repeated as much.
– Jamaica: Practically on any beach in this small country you will find the perfect waves for surfing at any time of the year.
– Barbados: Probably the best surfing destination in the whole Caribbean as there are many beaches with good waves constantly, especially on the east coast. If you are going to the western part, it is best to go between December and March, since it is when you can enjoy the best waves (the Pacific Ocean tide is rising on these dates).
– Dominican Republic: Especially in Punta Cana you can enjoy many beaches suitable for surfing and that also have very white sand and are a paradise for any visitor. According to experts, the best beaches in this country for surfing are those of Bávaro, Arena Gorda and Ubero Alto.
5 Surf Destinations in the Caribbean! (April 2021)
- Barbados, Cayman Islands, surf