The city of Dallas, in the American state of Texas, is famous for many things, such as being the place where JFK was assassinated in 1963 and also for the series that was so successful and that bore his name. It is a beautiful city that has more than 60 lakes where you can do many activities and be in full contact with nature.
It is also one of the most important financial centers in the southwest area. Take note of this information if you are going to travel to Dallas:
– Gastronomy: The most typical is the barbecue (they call it “grill” there), so don't leave without trying one. Mexican food is also very successful and they have some of the best restaurants in the country, in fact it has more restaurants per capita than New York.
– Purchases: There are many shopping malls and plenty of stores where you can find everything and for all budgets. There are also several places where you can buy directly from the factory.
– Transport: It has two very important airports, the Dallas International Airport and the Dallas Love Field Airport.
– Museums: There are more than 150 museums and art galleries of various themes, such as the Crow Collection of Asian Arts, the Meadows Museum (here are several Spanish works), the Dallas Museum of Art or the Sixth Floor Museum in Dealey Plaza (recalls the murder of JFK).
– Parks: If you like visiting parks you will be in a perfect city to do it since here is the Dallas Arboretum, which has several fountains, sculptures, lakes, mansions and even a zoo and an aquarium with more than 6,000 species. The Fair Park is another of the most interesting in the city and inside there are no less than 9 museums and even a stadium.
– Routes: Several are organized to get to know different areas of the city. One of the most popular is the one that takes you to the famous mansion of the "Dallas" series where you can see its interior, wardrobe and a lot of things that have been kept since then. On another route you can see the West End, which is where the most characteristic buildings of the city are and you can also find a great leisure environment with many shops, bars, clubs and restaurants.
Dallas Vacation Travel Guide | Expedia (November 2020)
- Dallas, Texas