The John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) is in Queen, in the southeastern part of NY and almost 20 kilometers from Manhattan. It is the largest airport in the metropolitan area of the city, which is Newark, La Guardia and Teterboro, and is also one of the most international flights in the country.
Take note of the Features of New York JFK Airport:
– Tracks: It has two pairs of parallel runways, one of which is the longest commercial runway in the entire country with 4,400 meters, as well as another runway of 2 and a half km in length, both equipped with the best landing systems.
– Terminals: It has 8 U-shaped terminals and all of them surrounded by parking lots and a wide range of hotels and various services. They are connected by the AirTrain metro, which quickly takes you from one place to another, which makes it one of the best-rated airports by travelers when it comes to internal transportation.
– Trains: The railway system it has has stops at all airport terminals, in addition to which there are also 2 metro stations. The AirTrain is free for transfers within the airport and is only paid if you want to go to the suburbs or to the metro stations, in which case it will cost you $ 5. Going to Manhattan will take about 45 minutes.
– Buses: There are several lines to get to the different subway stations in New York, as well as a good connection to the Long Island train. There are several private lines that take you to Manhattan and other parts of the city.
– Taxis: The classic New York yellow taxi will cost you $ 45 from the airport to Manhattan, apart from tolls or tips. It takes about 25 minutes and can go up to 4 passengers unless they are of greater capacity.
⁴ᴷ⁶⁰ Walking John F. Kennedy (JFK) International Airport Terminal 1, NYC (May 2022)
- airports, New York