Tarragona is the capital of the Golden Coast and it has about 160 kilometers of coastline, a sensational place to spend your vacation from beach to beach but also visiting very interesting monuments and places. It is a city that is on the hill, facing the sea, thanks to what has spectacular views and an enviable situation.
Despite having great beaches and fantastic views, the most important thing in the city is its enormous monumental, artistic and historical heritage. Here I leave you one Tarragona short guide so you can discover it for yourself:
- The roman heritage It is very important in the city and you can see authentic wonders such as the Walls, the Cologne Forum, the Amphitheater, the Circus and many more Roman and current monuments.
– Wander: If you like to walk and stroll the best area to do it is the one inside the Walls. The most important street is Las Ramblas, which end at the Balcón de Europa, an exceptional viewpoint from which you can enjoy views of the lower part of the city and the sea.
– Cathedrals: The most important is the Cathedral of Santa María, with a style between Romanesque and Gothic and that has a cloister, altarpiece and side chapels. The Basilica of Santa María del Miracle and the Church of San Antonio are also very interesting.
– Museums: With so much history, it is necessary to have several museums, such as the National Archaeological Museum, the Romanitat Museum, the Tarragona History Museum, the Diocesan Museum, the Port Museum or the Art Modern Museum.
– Castles: With so many Roman ancestors it is normal that there are so many castles, and I would highlight the Castle of Ferrán or the Castle of Tamarit.
– Monuments: There are many buildings and monuments of great interest, such as the Town Hall (in an old convent), the Pont del Diable (an aqueduct), the Arco de Barà, the Casa Canals (formerly used to pass the wall) or the Casa Castellarnau (a palace that houses the city's History Museum).
Tarragona Province - A paradise at the Costa Dorada (March 2021)
- Catalonia, guides, Tarragona