Travel by airplane It is something that is not usually very complicated for an adult but that for children becomes an adventure from the time they start preparing until the bags are picked up at the destination. Next I will give you some tips so that traveling by plane with children be as simple as possible, as well as calm and very organized. Take note:
- Get the children excited and see that getting on a plane is very natural. Involve them on the trip and choose a travel companion like a stuffed animal, but that is not very big since it can become a nuisance for other passengers.
- Choose midweek flights since the airports are quieter on those days, in addition to having fewer passengers on all flights. Night flights are the best option for an international flight, and direct flights should always be your first option whatever the distance.
- When you buy the ticket, it should be clear to you if there is a fee to pay for carry a stroller, if you must board at a different time or if you must sit in a special place on the plane.
- Take everything you can from home and that you can save doing at the airport, like taking the boarding pass, choose the seats or pack the luggage. Try to bring the entertainment well organized so that once on board you do not find that the children do not want to sleep and have nothing to do.
- When you arrive at the airport, explain them at all times what is the process so that they understand it. It is very important for them to feel older and to be part of the process. Let them know why you have to queue to check bags, why you have to go through security, etc. Let them know all the steps before reaching each one of them.
– Fill the bottles as soon as you pass the security checks. If the bathroom water is not drinkable, buy bottles so that you are not without it when the children may need it. Also, take snacks or anything else so you do not have to buy it on board since it is more expensive.
- If you have the assigned seats, you do not need to board the first seats, unless the airline so stipulates. Realize that the earlier you board the longer you will be on board before taking off. If they are not numbered, it is best to board as soon as possible to achieve the greatest comfort on board with the children.
- During the flight try to have coloring books or their favorite games so that the trip is an adventure for them and they are trained, happy and busy. Before the toys you can resort to other games like looking at the photos in the magazines or guessing what the clouds are like.
- It has solutions to possible problems, such as chewing gum so that the ears are not plugged in takeoff and landing, dizziness pills or any other remedy you think they may need.
Tips For Traveling With Kids (March 2021)
- planes, children