A couple of days ago I was telling you about some of the best campsites in Europe and today I'm going to focus on the best campsites in France, a country where there is a great variety of places where you can enjoy your holidays in full contact with nature. Here are some of them:
– Les Romarins (Éze): It is in the hills near Monaco, in a spectacular place surrounded by olive and rosemary trees. It has incredible views of the Mediterranean and Cap Ferrat. It is very beautiful although it does not have children's entertainment or a swimming pool, but it does have a casino, an exotic garden and a very fine restaurant.
– Le Grand Champ (Chamonix): It is in a beautiful valley that has several snow capped peaks, tiered gardens, and lots of trees, shrubs, and hedges. The town of Chamonix, which is very close, is a very famous winter season and in summer you can practice mountain biking, climbing or rafting.
– Les Tilleuls (Gèdre): They are old stone houses that are in the gorges of Coumely, Cambielh and Cirque de Gavarnie. There are several places where you can camp, all of them with spectacular views.
– La Brouquere (Gondrin): It is a camping that is in an old winery and that has only six plots, a very intimate place. It has a Jacuzzi, a stepped patio and several fields of vineyards and Giraloses.
– Les Ormes (St. Éttienne de Villeréal): It has 25 African desert tents spread out in an elm forest, a beautiful place. It also has a swimming pool and in Bergerac, a nearby town, you can do a spectacular wine route, one of the best in the country.
– Domaine Le Poteau (Castlenau d’Auzan): The camping area, very close to the owners' vineyards, has lots of bushes and small trees that make up a very beautiful landscape. There is a covered common dining room and a terrace bar. The owners prepare food three times a week so that their guests do not have to cook.
Camping France - Campsites In South of France - Best French Campsites (April 2021)