Then you have information Basic about Barbados International Airport, which is called Grantley Adams. If you are going to leave holidays in the area, don't forget to read this information:
- Full name: Grantley Adams International Airport
– Address: Christchurch, Barbados
- Airport code: BGI
- Country code: 1
- Telephone: (246) 418 4242
– Website: www.gaiainc.bb
- Number of terminals: 1
- Time zone: GMT - 4
- Location: The airport is 13 kilometers (8 miles) southeast of Bridgetown.
- Latest news: Grantley Adams experienced its biggest expansion and a series of improvements ahead of the 2007 World Cup of Cricket in Barbados.
– Access: Accessible from ABC Highway, which runs from Bridgetown to the airport (journey time: approximately 30 minutes). It can also be reached from Highway 7 along the south coast.
- Parking: it has two parking lots, both within walking distance of the terminal.
– Car rental: Courtesy Car Rentals, is the only car rental company at the airport. Its counter is located outside the arrivals hall.
- Public transport: bus. Easily recognizable for being a modern Mercedes Benz that regularly operates to and from the airport. They leave every 10 minutes from Bridgetown. Journey duration: 45 minutes.
Cab: Taxis operate from the airport, 24 hours a day. There are two companies: Barbados Tours (tel .: (246) 420 2877) and Quintette (tel .: (246) 428 8735). Taxis operate on a fixed rate basis and do not have counters, rates must be agreed in advance.
"Winter" Plane Spotting at Barbados Grantley Adams International Airport (BGI/TBPB) - Part 1 (October 2022)