Zurich It is a fascinating city, it offers a whole range of adventures to travel: more than 50 museums and 100 art galleries, international brands for shopping, intense nightlife, bathing in a lake and river in the center, as well as excursions to the Uetliberg home mountain. All with views of some snow-covered Alps on the horizon.
Zurich is the largest city in Switzerland, is located at the northern end of Lake Zurich. The multicultural environment and the leisure offer attracts tourists from all over the world. Zurich is very easy to reach, be it by train, plane or car. The international Airport It has a direct connection to more than 150 destinations around the world. Just ten minutes by train from the airport, we reached Zurich's main railway station, in the heart of the city, forming an important European railway junction.
The water moat of the city fortress was turned into the main shopping street, which contributed to Zurich's popularity as a European shopping gallery, being an internationally renowned hub for fashion, jewelry and watch brands. But if what you like is fashion visit Zürich-West or in the Aussersihl neighborhood. Zurich has a significant density of clubs to enjoy the best ambietnes. From the House-Party in the legendary Kaufleuten to the best music of the eighties in the oldest club in the city Mascotte and the gay party in the Labor-Bar.
The Zürichsee, popular city lake, borders on its southern shore with the Albis and Zimmerberg hills, on the northern shore with the Pfannenstielkette mountain range, linking the cantons of Zurich, St. Gall and Schwyz. The area is currently a popular excursion destination, with its shores being highly sought-after residential areas. Other popular destinations on Lake Zurich are the numerous Beaches, the Alpamare in Pfäffikon, the largest indoor water park in Europe, the sunny islands Ufenau and Lützelau near Rapperswil, the wooden pedestrian walkway that spans the lake between Rapperswil and Hurden, the Baroque church of Lachen, the well-known factory of Lindt & Sprüngli chocolate in Kilchberg and, of course, the hectic metropolis Zurich with its many monuments, the well-known shopping street «Bahnhofsstrasse»And an abundant cultural offer.
Proposals and important parties
- Sechseläuten. Every year, the Zurich brotherhoods and the population enthusiastically celebrate their traditional spring festival (April).
- Tropical Hot Festival. Hot rhythms like salsa or samba and a fun mix of big and small Latin music stars make party guests dance (June).
- Streetparade. One of the biggest techno shows in the world draws fans from all over Switzerland and from neighboring countries to the city on the banks of the Limmat (August).
- Zürcher Festspiele. Every year a festival is held in front of the Zurich summer stage with a unique combination of opera, concert, theater, dance and free theater (June / July).
- Kunsthaus. The most important art museum in Switzerland houses a collection of all important periods of European art from the Middle Ages to the present day.
- Museum Rietberg. The museum features art mostly from India, China, and Africa.
- Bahnhofstrasse. The banking mile with exclusive fashion stores, shopping galleries and street cafes that invite you to wander.
- Zoo. With an ecological system of 11,000 square meters, with several hundred varieties of animals and plants from the Masoala rain forest of Madagascar.
- Old town. With its art galleries, antique shops, and bookstores a favorite destination among art aficionados. During the night, the old town becomes a fun neighborhood for a very varied audience.
Lines, Nicholas Lobo Brennan, architect, Zurich (September 2020)