In New York City you have a thousand things to do, in fact, it would take you several weeks to be able to enjoy every corner and get to know it all thoroughly. Since you probably don't have all that time you will have to go to the most famous places of New York in the world, so today I bring you one of them so you can calculate the time you will be, probably all day, and everything you can't miss. Take note of everything you have to see in Central Park:
- The ideal is to start the visit by The Dairy, a Victorian building that is the headquarters of the visitor center and where you can get a lot of maps and all the information you want.
– Central Park Zoo: no less than four zoos and aquariums can be found here, with three climatic zones. Inside the zoo you will enjoy a tropical jungle where you can see monkeys, penguins, seals and even an anteater. An amazing place in the heart of a great city.
– Conservatory garden: It is a beautiful and elegant garden full of decorative trees and fountains. In spring it is beautiful since it has all kinds of flowers and taking a walk around it is wonderful.
– Bethesda Terrace: a large terrace and a fountain that dominate the lake and are the epicenter of the park. Very close to there, in the tree-lined Mall, you will see a lot of skaters.
– The Ramble: It is a wooded land that has many trails and streams. It is a true paradise for bird lovers since there are about 270 species.
– Greal Lawn: it is an extension of grass of about 5 hectares, ideal for a picnic or to have a game of any ball sport. In summer classical music concerts are held that are free and it is also the site of some very special concerts.
– Belvedere Castle: It is a stone castle from which one of the best views of the park can be seen. Inside is the Henry Luce Nature Observatory, where you can see the great natural diversity of the park.
– Reservoir: It is a spectacular Central Park lake that covers about 43 hectares and is bordered by a trail of about 5 km. It is the largest lake of the five in the park and model boat races are held every Sunday.
– Strawberry Fields: a romantic area that Yoko Ono sponsored in honor of John Lennon since they lived very close. People from all over the world made donations to make this part so special in the park.
– Delacorte Theater: A free theater featuring the play Shakespeare in the Park during the months of July and August. SummerStage shows are also free.
TOP 15 THINGS to do in Central Park | New York City (Hidden Secrets & More !) (August 2020)
- Central Park, New York