They stand out for their cultural and natural value. Are those places declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and that, as the organization itself explains, they are a symbol of the awareness of peoples and States about the meaning acquired by these monuments, cities and spaces that are, as their own name indicates, the heritage of all.
Tripadvisor has made a list of those places that are part of this classification and that become preferred destinations of travelers. The division is made at global, national and European level. Let's see what spaces we find in each of these lists.
World Top 10
According to travelers who leave their opinions and recommendations on Tripadvisor, Angkor (Cambodia) It is the highest rated site on the world list. It is followed by the Taj Mahal, the Great Wall of China and Machu Picchu.
Angkor is a Cambodian region whose monuments and temples were declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1992.
The complete list:
1. Angkor - Cambodia
2. Taj Mahal - India
3. Great Wall at Mutianyu - China
4. Machu Picchu - Peru
5. Iguazú National Park - Brazil / Argentina
6. Sassi of Matera - Italy
7. Auschwitz Birkenau - Poland
8. Old City of Jerusalem - Israel
9. Historic areas of Istanbul - Turkey
10. Historic Center of Krakow - Poland
The national list
If we look at the list of favorite places in Spain We discovered a first place occupied by the Segovia Aqueduct (the fourth in Europe) and followed by the old city of this same town. The Serra de Tramuntana, in the Balearic Islands, occupies the third position.
The Segovia Aqueduct was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985. It is located in the center of the city, is more than 15 kilometers long and was originally built so that the water will reach here from the Sierra from Guadarrama. Its construction is dated to the beginning of the 2nd century AD.
Here I leave you with the full classification:
1. Segovia Aqueduct - Castilla y León
2. Old City of Segovia - Castilla y León
3. Serra de Tramuntana - Balearic Islands
4. Old City of Cáceres - Extremadura
5. Old City of Salamanca - Castilla y León
6. Historic city of Toledo - Castilla La Mancha
7. Routes of Santiago de Compostela: French Way and Paths of Northern Spain - Galicia
8. Alhambra in Granada - Andalusia
9. Alcázar de Sevilla - Andalusia
10. Seville Cathedral - Andalusia
The European List
If you want to know which are the World Heritage sites preferred by travelers who enter Europe this is the classification:
1. Sassi de Matera - Italy
2. Auschwitz Birkenau - Poland
3. Historic Center of Krakow - Poland
4. Segovia Aqueduct - Spain
5. Old City of Segovia - Spain
6. Monreale - Italy
7. Studley Royal Park and Fountain Abbey Ruins - UK
8. Serra de Tramuntana - Spain
9. Western Norway Fjords - Norway
10. Old City of Cáceres - Spain
The Sassi di Matera or Stones of Matera They are the historical center of the Italian city of the same name and they came to this UNESCO list in 1993 as a representation of a prehistoric legacy and symbol of the care of natural resources over time.
Places declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO
UNESCO coordinates the actions of the partners and actively participates in the protection of these spaces since it is vital to conserve and be able to transmit this part of our natural and cultural heritage, something that is also essential that it be carried out by their own visitors that we go to them.
As we can read on its website, the World Heritage list It has 1,052 sites, of which 814 correspond to cultural assets, 203 are natural assets and 35 mixed assets, located in 165 states.
WELCOME to SAN ANTONIO - EMILY MORGAN HOTEL, ALAMO, and RIVERWALK - travel vlog (September 2021)
- places, World Heritage, temples, TripAdvisor