On several occasions I have told you some little things about NY, one of the most fascinating cities in the world and probably the first on the wish list of every traveler regardless of nationality. To the sites that I recommended in other articles I now add a few more, although this time it is Free attractions in New York, that you don't always have to spend all the money you take on a trip, or at least be able to stretch it as much as possible.
– Central park: The most famous park in the world is an incredible place to spend a day in the heart of Manhattan and away from the hustle and bustle of the big city.
– The African Burial Ground: Located in lower Manhattan, it is a museum where more than 400 coffins with slaves were found in slavery. Now you can review the history of all African Americans in the city.
– Chelsea Galleries: If you like art, the gallery area of Chelsea is a joy. It is between 10th and 11th Avenues and there are many open access openings, exhibitions, conferences and events. On Thursdays you can always catch a cocktail.
– The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT Museum): If you are a fashion lover you will surely love this place. It offers you many exhibitions from both students and famous designers and there is a permanent collection that covers the history of fashion from the 18th century to the present day.
– Brooklyn Bewery: It is a brewery that on Saturdays offers free half-hour guided tours. A delight if you like beer.
– Federal Reserve Bank: Without a doubt one of the most important in the United States. You have to book an appointment at least a week in advance to see it and discover every corner of a place that stores more than 10,000 tons of gold, in addition to seeing all the official coins exposed throughout the history of the country.
Top 10 FREE Things To Do In New York (November 2023)
- New York, free tourism