If you are starting to prepare your holidays or you already have them prepared and you have decided travel to Argentina, there are several things that you must take into account so that your trip goes perfectly and you have everything prepared. Take note of the following tips for traveling to Argentina:
– Transport: Choose only official vehicles, be they buses or taxis. Do not get on any car that offers you a better price than a taxi driver since it could be more expensive because there are people who use this method to rob tourists.
– Currency exchange: the official currency is the Argentine peso and with the change that there is now it will come out to you about 6 pesos for each euro. I recommend that you make the change in official places such as banks or exchange agencies and not in any store that you find on the street, not even at the airport. You will always have the best change in a bank.
– VAT refund: When you go to the airport to return to Spain you can request a VAT refund on almost everything you have bought, normally everything that has exceeded 70 pesos.
- Keep track of your personal items, especially suitcases during the transfer between hotel and airport. If someone offers to take them, thank them but say no, even if they are official staff of a hotel or airport company.
– Eating in Argentina: the most famous thing in meat and it is clear that you cannot leave without eating one of their delicious grills in any restaurant. Pasta and pizza is also something very typical of there and things that come at a very good price on any menu.
– Sweet: Entering an Argentine bakery is quite an experience since you will have lots of sweets and breads that you can choose from. Just let yourself be carried away by your tastes and try things that in Spain there are not.
– Mate: Of course I could not forget one of the most famous things that Argentines have exported. This infusion is made from yerba mate and all Argentines consume it anywhere, anytime.
BUENOS AIRES: 10 Tips to Know Before You Go! (November 2023)